Congratulations America, We've Got "National Health Care!"
Salvation has come down from Washington D.C. No more worrying about medical bills because the government will save us from all the evil people who care for and insure the sick. Yeah I’m talking about those doctors who pull tonsils just for an extra buck, and those Insurers who just want money to give you what you ask for. The thing that gave me the most assurance was that congress voted on the health care bill after midnight on a Sunday. Another thing that made me really happy was that they published the 2,500 plus page bill for my viewing on line 36 hours before the vote. Therefore, if I read 69.44 pages per hour with no sleep or toilet breaks I would be well informed.
Let’s take a look and see what we got:
1. It is now mandatory to purchase health insurance.
2. If you don’t purchase it, you will be fined $700 and up. The government has police powers to enforce this law. I just love my options when they come at the end of a gun barrel.
3. We get to start paying taxes right away and in four years a portion of the health care kicks in. The rest of it is staggered up to eight years from now. This is like buying a car and in four years you get to drive it around the block. In two more years you get to take it on the freeway. The rest of the time you just wait for permission to see what other goodies that are under the Obama tree. Just think of all the gas you save.
4. The government has approved the hiring of 16,500 new IRS agents to enforce to new health care law. Some how that care and law combo just seems to go together. By the way the IRS has just ordered bullet proof vest and military assault shotguns for your health and care.
5. Upon signing up for government health care the IRS will have direct access to your banking accounts. The necessary deductions will be made as the Health Care Zcars see fit. If you have long term care they can deduct up to $240 per month.
6. Your current insurance provider has to cover preexisting conditions. This is wonderful. I’ll just buy insurance after my brain tumor is diagnosed and save my money for a boat! Of course the Insurance Company will have to triple the rates for all those suckers still paying for insurance. However, thank God for the Government insurance. It will be cheaper and will drive all the insurance companies out of business because you will be subsidising it, therefore making it cheaper than the insurance companies. I love doing business where there is no competition. Too many choices confuse me.
7. If you have a, “Cadillac policy”, (a very good policy), you can be taxed up to an additional 40% of what you pay annually for your over privileged insurance. If you are in the right union your “Cadillac policy” would be exempt from those penalties taxes.
8. Our congress loved us so much that they exempted themselves from the mandatory coverage so that they wouldn’t over burden the system.
9. The bureaucrats that wrote the health bill thought that it would be selfish of them to partake, so they exempted themselves also.
10. For your mental health, the government decided that why they were at it they would take over all the student loans in the whole country. Unless you have cash you can’t even think of college without the government’s involvement. Finally my children’s future is safe.
The Canadians, British, French, Germans, Swiss, Cuban and Russian health care systems are in absolute shambles. Our congress is attempting the exact same health care system. Somehow they want us to believe that we will have a different outcome. Could this be a crude attempt to redefine insanity on another level?